I horseback rode yesterday, loved it, but sometimes it makes me miss it more than I can even enjoy it. But that's not what this blog about (most of you probably thinking, thank goodness).
The Gym. Ok, this is me who's talkin here ... Me, Mame, who had to be encouraged during the last lap to run a 12:38 minute mile ... Me, Mame, whose only D in my academic history was in Swim P.E., ... Me, Mame, who has never in her life gone to the gym more than 2 weeks in a row in her life. Well I am happy to say I have been going for a month - and LOVING it. I started off very gradual as to not kill myself, but now I do classes at least 4 times a week, and run/do the machines 2 days a week.
People used to tell me working out was addicting, I thought they were crazy, or had some weird chemical make-up in their brain that the rest of us didn't. Well either my brain has morphed, or we all have it because ladies and gentlemen ... I am addicted!! Now, I can't say I love to run - I am not sure I'll ever get there - but I do do cardio classes, and yes love/hate it, and I do make myself run at least once a week. and needless to say, I am getting better at it. Nope, still haven't ran a mile faster than 12 min - but I'll get there one day. But I do achieve a very high heart rate (I do a pretty steep incline on the treadmill) ... it's just I think my legs would rather just work harder with each step than actually run faster.
Hope this made you smile - baby Jace is doing fabulous and Joshie is still looking for a job. So just a plug - anyone know anyone hiring in construction (ya ... I know) or more likely in something like design manufacturing or production management please let me know!!
xoxo,
Mame
1 comment:
This made me smile. I knew you would cave. It really is addicting.
Post a Comment