Oct 2004 started our forever. We're nothing alike but collectively we're complete. Mame makes the new friends, Josh keeps the old. We laugh, and that's the glue that holds us together. We're us, and wouldn't have it any other way.
10.03.2009
Nice People
I am pretty nice person, I really like to help people, mostly because it makes me feel good - so there goes that saying that there really is no selfless act ... but that's not what this is about. this is more of a reminiscent blog - about how for some reason growing up I always left my nicest friends in the dust. Honestly, I believe I think it was a self worth, self esteem issue. I somehow thought being rude or a little stand-offish was cool, and man I wanted to be cool. My friend Jessica Cantor was one of the sweetest, nicest, coolest people I knew - and for whatever reason we kind of grew apart. I don't really know why, I am sure it was my fault, and I kick myself for moving away from some of those people in my life. I think I couldn't stand on my own two feet and leaned on my stronger friends and therefore felt that some how being nice was weak? I know, dumb. I know myself better now, trust myself more, stand on my own two feet better. And know that nice, is well, just that, nice. I surround myself with really good friends who not only would I do anything for them - but they would do anything for me in return. I just wonder how many Jessica Cantor's of the world I let slip away because I wasn't strong enough to realize rude was rude and nice was not my weakness - but my strength.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment